Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Whatever You're Doing

Posted by Candace

David and I had blood drawn today for our physicals to see if we qualify for the China program. This is the last hurdle to be passed to make sure we will meet all the Chinese standards. They are strict and many. Health history is a big deal. Please be in prayer that we will pass these exams with flying colors, as unfortunately no amount of studying in the world can prepare us for them :). We go next week for blood test results and the actual physicals.

So much is going on in our little world here at the Robert's home. David and I both feel surrounded by chaotic circumstances. They are popping up at every turn. And yet there is peace... the kind I don't understand. Oh, how I love that kind. I got caught this morning at every red light in Loganville trying to make our Dr. appts on time, but because I did, I heard the following song on theFish. Funny since I never listen to the radio, but here is mine and David's song for this year...

Its time for a healing, time to move on
It's time to fix what's been broken too long
Time to make right, what has been wrong
Its time to find my way to where I belong.

Theres a wave that's crashing over me
And all I can do is surrender

Whatever You're doing, inside of me
It feels like chaos, but somehow there's peace
And its hard to surrender to what I can't see
But I'm giving into something heavenly

Time for a milestone
Time to begin again
Reevaluate who I really am
Am I doing everything to follow Your Will
Or just climbing aimlessly over these hills?

So show me what it is You want from me
I give everything, I surrender

To whatever You're doing, inside of me
If feels like chaos, but somehow there's peace
And though it's hard to surrender to what I can't see
I'm giving in to something heavenly!

Time face to up, clean this old house
Time to breathe in and let everything out
That I've wanted to say for so many years
Time to release all my held back tears

Whatever You're doing, inside of me
If feels like chaos, but I believe
You're up to something bigger than me
Larger than Life
Something Heavenly

I think it is pretty ironic that the name for the group that sings this is "Sanctus Real". David and I were just talking recently about how we are tired of the facade of the Christian life. We are ready for something real. We are ready for lived out Christ in us the hope of glory. We are ready to live to bring glory to His name... not ours, not an organizations, not a denominations, not a churches, only Christ's. We are ready to be real.

Our vision for our family is changing. It used to be "the American Dream" and now I find myself saying to David "Wouldn't it be really neat if someday our family photo looked like a picture of heaven? All races, all nations, all backgrounds... a picture of what God does for us when He rescues us from sin and embraces us into His family. How cool would that be!

So like the song says, who knows what He is doing, but whatever it is, as long as it's Him doing it, I am totally okay with it. Because it is larger than my own little world that I shelter and protect everyday and it is something eventually heavenly. Bring it on...

0 comments: