Saturday, August 17, 2013

Come and See a Letter from Our Sweet Oldest

Posted by Candace

Today I received this letter from our Jessica Faith (Xiao qi).  I wanted to share in hopes that some of you with a heart to adopt older children will be encouraged to move forward towards the child waiting for you.  As the time draws closer for me to hold this girl in my arms, I don't know how I am ever going to cope with having missed 14 years of her life.  14 years this stunningly gorgeous and amazingly brave girl has been without her Mama. The parts in bold will haunt me until the day of our meeting. Jesus, redeem the time!


Dear mom, dad, brother and sister,

Hi

How are you doing? I hope you are all healthy and fit these days. I am doing good and I hope you do not worry about me. I met Katie in the BMH summer camp, she told me I could pray to G O D so now I pray for G O D everyday. I hope Kathie could be my GAMA( a special relation in Chinese tradition similar to mentor in life), is that OK? I think about you all the time, I really want to meet you so much. Could you tell me if the adoption process is going well? I hope to hear from you soon, I really miss you.

Love you forever,
Xiaoqi

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet letter. I hope her time waiting to be with her family goes very quickly!

    ReplyDelete