Wednesday, June 5, 2013

His Perfect Timing: A Story of Faith and Grace

Posted by Candace

Wow.  Where do I even start?  I don't know what it is about me that makes me want to share everything that God does in my life, but for some reason I have been gifted in this way, so maybe some of you out there need to hear it.  Maybe some of you are being changed by our story.  I would love to hear about it.  I would love to know what legacy this family is leaving behind.  It makes life worthwhile every time I hear what God is doing through this journey.

December 12, 2012...or in other words, 12/12/12... I wondered why everyone was making such a big deal out of this day, but in the back of my mind, I wanted it to be a big deal for me too.  The only day ever to have 3 twelves in it.  Jesus had 12 disciples... I may eventually end up with 12 children :) (Don't freak out, Mamaw!)...12 month in a year.  12 has such a significance.  I thought that it ended up being a normal day in our lives, but it actually was anything BUT.  The other day, I looked back in the little journal that I keep of things that God has spoken to me and this is what I found under this specific date.

"'Go out from your land, your relatives, and your father's house to the land that I will show you.  I will make you a great nation, I will bless you, I will make your name great...and you will be a blessing.'" Gen. 12: 1-2 (I never realized this reference was so clearly confirming this Word until later 12:1-2  12/12)
(Here is what I had written under it) This Scripture jumped out at me tonight as though God was speaking these words directly to my heart.  The transition to Albany has been challenging, but I truly believe that God has us here for a purpose, whether for us or our kids.  This is the hope I will cling to through these first hard months. Love you, Jesus."

Ummm, yeah...He's alive.  My Savior lives and He continues to give the grace to walk by faith.  Naomi Grace and Jessica Faith are coming home on nothing but the TRUTH of our great God and what He will do when we step out and swim. 

When we began this process, we had just spent every last dime that we had to bring Kate home and move to Albany.  Not only that, but we had used our credit card to it's limit as well.  David and I both knew that this would be a test of faith, we just didn't know how big it would be.  We only realized about 2 weeks ago that we needed $14,000.00 to log our paperwork in China.  $14,000 all at once.  The mountain seemed insurmountable. 

On top of this, I really felt as if God was telling me not to fundraise and not to apply for grants.  I was on the verge of sending emails about a month ago to tell the story and to ask close friends and business associates for funds, and God said, "Don't do it. I want to provide this.  I want this to be glorifying to My Name."  Talk about some faith.  "So let me get this straight, God.  You want me to sit around and wait for You to drop $14,000.00 out of the sky."  That's about the jest of it. He confirmed this word through a book that I was reading at the time about Corrie Ten Boom and how she traveled the world for Jesus, never asking for a dime, and watching Him faithfully provide EVERY TIME.  Don't get me wrong... I have nothing against fundraising and grants and the like, but we all need to walk in obedience so that nothing impedes the Hand of God in our lives.

So friends would ask me how much we needed to log our paperwork and I would tell them sheepishly and hope they would not follow up with "well, what grants have you applied for?" or "When is your next fundraiser?" I would get almost sick when I thought about the consequences of not having this money when all our paperwork was finally ready.  We are on a serious time frame because Jessica ages out in November.  We have no room to play...  I floundered around and panicked in the waters of doubt...trying to cling to faith, but watching it slip away time after time. God would patiently grab on to me so my could catch my breath.  Finally, (a few days ago) I got to a point where I could say "Devil, my God will come through for me, but even if He doesn't, I am NOT bowing to doubt.  I will go down looking like a fool if that's what it takes to learn faith."

Our God is so gracious!  He knew all of this.  He saw my heart and He knows my deepest desire is to serve Him perfectly.  And by His grace through faith, I can stand here today without guilt or regret as He comes through once again.

Two days ago, David sat at a kitchen table praying for a specific check that was owed to Ascend to come in. The next day, the company emailed to say this check was on the way.  It arrived today.  After David and I spent an hour or so crunching numbers, we decided that this money was meant for this dossier log.  It will mean a little bit more faith that God will come through to pay some company bills, but we feel sure that He will meet every one of our debts in the near future.  Let me be clear...this is money that would NOT have been available under circumstances even a week ago when we did not have money in sight to meet our current obligations.  It came through the perfect circumstances and at the right time, which is why David and I agreed that God means it for this purpose.

I have all of my documents from Houston in my hand and I am waiting on one more from San Francisco that will probably arrive tomorrow...could God's timing be more perfect?  You can believe what you want... I believe MY GOD REIGNS.

0 comments: